Thread: How can a
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 07:07 AM   #5
yorkieisme
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabatha00 View Post
What is the fascination of only wanting a small yorkie? I see this all the time and not just on this website. People always want the tee-tiny ones. I can understand people wanting a dog inside the home and therefore want a small dog but why is the weight of the dog so important?

I wanted a yorkie because I LOVE yorkies. I could care less how much they weigh and if they are going to be big or small. My Mufasa is 4.5 months old and he weighs 5 pounds. If he was 2 pounds I'd love him just as much and if he were 12 pounds I'd love him just as much. I fell in love with his personality and not his size.

I don't want to step on anyone's toes but this whole subject just confuses me.
Well it's not the fascination of wanting a smaller dog. I love the yorkies and the standard is 4- 7 lbs. IF I am going to pay $1000 if not more for a yorkie then I would like for it to be the standard. I never said a 2 lb yorkie. I don't want a 2 lb yorkie its not the "standard". I don't see any 10 lb yorkie winning a show and the reason why is because its not the standard. If I was looking for a large dog, then I would want to stay within the standard of that large dog.

Furthermore people are false advertising these yorkies to make more money. I refuse to pay a large amount of money when I was told he will be a certain size and he turns out to be 10 lbs bigger. You get what you paid for.

I have to make the right decision on getting a yorkie and we all know what the standard is. So whats wrong in staying within the standards of a yorkie?
yorkieisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!