View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 05:23 AM   #1
nevb1973
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default New with some questions for the experts

Hi all I have been lurking for a bit and have some ?'s. I am considering adding a yorkie to our family in about 2 years, we are planning a move to another state and house purchase first. I have 2 dachshunds who are my lap babies they are both long haired and great dogs they are 14lbs and 12 lbs. I will be looking in the 5-7 lbs range for a yorkie no tinies for us! I also have 4 kids 15,13,7,and 6. I am wondering if in your experience yorkies from show lines have fewer health problems and are less fragile than those who are less selectively bred? My dachsie girls are from a show breeder and have had no probs so far and it seems that from what I have seen show line dogs seem to have less health issues overall. I want to have a happy healthy kid to add to the family and want to make sure I pick one from heath tested parents. What is the real story with health testing? What is the rate of puppies still having health problems after parents having clear test results? What are the tests the parents need to have at a minimum? I have read quite a few of teh things in the health section and I don't want to be posting there!
nevb1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!