View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 04:46 AM   #1
luckylady
Living My Yorkie Dream
Donating Member

Question Getting ahead of myself.......but a question

I have probably another year before I will have the pleasure of another litter in my house, so I am surely jumping the gun with this question, but it's on my mind alot, so thought I may as well ask now so I can quit wondering....

I believe my next litter will be a whole different experiance from my first. The first time; Lexie was 9-10 lbs when she got PG (yes, I know, over-standard; live & learn); her stud was 4lbs. Her four pups weighed 5oz & 6oz. All went well for everyone.
Halle & Toby will be my breeding pair the next time. I expect Halle will be between 5-6 lbs and Toby is 4lbs. Due to Halle's size (compared to Lexies') and to what I know of their backgrounds, I expect the pups will be much smaller than Lexie's.
My question is this: Do the smaller size puppies (2 oz-3 oz) always have trouble latching on and/or need supplementing due to their small size? Or does that problem normally stem from other reasons?
I've read so many threads where the smaller pups "won't/can't latch on!" and it just made me wonder if this was the norm or not.
Thanks for your help.............
luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!