View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 04:03 AM   #7
Hensleigh
Senior Yorkie Talker

welcome to the world of Yorkies. May i suggest that you either purchase a good book about yorkies from somewhere like Pets at Home or go to a library and borrow a few books. You will need to decide if you want your yorkie to have a long coat or not as they are actually a long coated breed but that does involve work on the coats every day. Even if you keep the coat short remember that their hair is the same as humans it does not moult (good thing) but needs regular combing and washing to keep it in condition and the yorkie in good health. Do you know why they are being given away rather than sold as yorkies sell easily so be a bit suspicious. If you need any further help you will find it on the site but many of us including myself will give individual advice if you send a private message. I have two yorkies and have had yorkies for many years they are a lovely breed but although they are small in size they consider themselves to be large dogs and have a very large character which can present problems sometimes so be aware. Let us know you decision but do check the health of any puppy you consider.
Hensleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!