Thread: Heartworm?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 04:45 PM   #4
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalyorkiLvr
I don't use as it is not necessary in most parts of the country. There has not been a case of canine heartworm in San Diego in over thirty years and my vet says those pics they show are from the worst case they ever saw 30 years ago just to scare people into thinking they need to give their dog medicine for it. I would find a homeopathic vet in your area and ask if there are cases in your area and what his/her advice would be on the subject.

Wow where do you live? We live in GA and it has to be used here. We use Interceptor. Monthly pill for Mollie it is I want to say $25 for a 6 month supply. Maybe not quite that much maybe between $20 -25. Been a while since I bought any.

If you don't have it in GA. There is almost a 100% chance of your animals getting infected. I hear all the time from the local vets and humane society that they are treated animals for heartworms or that some have died from heartworms.

It may depend on where you live just like you said. I would just ask the local humane society or a vet and see if you really need it where you are.

Last edited by shecass; 09-06-2005 at 04:48 PM.
shecass is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!