View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 02:54 PM   #13
ScootieBootie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I'm sorry she was so "rough" with you. I am sad to say she is wrong for putting the blame so much on your husband. You both need to be involved in training your dogs. Sometimes, one person is "solely" responsible and then the other person gets mad because the dog won't listen to them.

I would give her a "fair" shot at the training, and see how it goes. Hopefully, your other dog won't be brought up.

I am a little worried about the comment that you gave him 9 months to get him into training or put him out on a dog run in the back yard. When you have a dog like that, with aggression issues, (any dog for that matter) banishing him to the backyard will only make it worse and endanger the public.

With your yorkie, make sure you use gentle methods. I also would ask if you can train her using a harness instead of a collar, to eliminate the risk of neck,throat injuries, which can easily happen on toy breeds.

Make sure that you get your husband involved! Having a dog is a "family affair" and is much more enjoyable when everyone is involved!

Good luck with the training, and just remember to stay consistent and patient!
ScootieBootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!