View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 12:17 PM   #9
Bonnie's Mom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

I love Nicholas Sparks also.

Right now I am reading an Anne George book "Murder Shoots the Bull". I love her Southern Sisters murder books. She writes about 2 sisters in B'ham that always find themselves surrounded by murder.

The way my sister Mary Alice got us arrested was simple enough; she hit the president of the bank over the head with my umbrella. Grabbed it right away from me and 'thunk' let him have it. I think he was more surprised than hurt. There was hardly any blood, and everyone knows how much head wounds bleed. There wasn't even a very big knot. Probably wouldn't have been one at all if he'd had any hair. But he screeched like she'd killed him and the security guard came rushing in, saw Mr. Jones staggering around holding his head, and pulled a gun on us. He looked like Barney Fife, the guard did, and chances were the bullet was in his pocket, but you just don't take a chance on things like that. At least I don't. Sister said later that she might have hit the guard, too, at least knocked the gun out of his hand, if he hadn't looked so pitiful standing there shaking like a leaf. She also said she was surprised that Alcorn Jones, being a bank president, didn't have a higher threshold of pain.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!