View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 09:07 AM   #15
ash0248
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
How often are you taking him outside to go potty when you are home? If he is always wet in his belly band, then he needs to go out more often. He obviously cannot hold it as long as the time span is betweeen going outside. Start taking him out every two hours. If he is not going in his band, lengthen the time. between taking him out. Soon you will know how often he needs to go outside. For the marking, the only thing that will help is nuetering him. When he is marking, it really has nothing to do with him having to go potty. He is MARKING his territory. I think you will have to keep him isolated to a small area ANYTIME you cannot give him 100% of your attention so you can see the signs that he needs to go out. I wish you luck with him.
We go out every 45 min and if he needs to go out sooner he goes to the door and uses his special potty bark and we go out again. If i am in a different room than him ( which is rare) he will come to me and use his potty bark and once again we go out. He stays out for 10 to 15 mins. I know his poo routine so I make sure he has went poo before he comes back in and then we go straight to the fridge and get treats and praises. When I am uses the belly band when he walks in the door I say come here and he comes to me and sits down to let me put the belly band on but, in five mins it is wet because he has tried to mark something. He does have a small bladder even the vet has told me that so I try to make sure I take him out right on schedule. However at night he can hold it for a good 8 to 9 hours without any problem.

Join today and remove this ad!