View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 03:54 PM   #13
Sunnie
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash0248 View Post
No he is in his room while I am gone. He does not have run of the house during my out time. I am not gone all the time, just long enough to run errands or to the doc. Just normal stuff. I am a stay at home mom so I am here alot. He has his room and he uses the potty pads in there. I know it is not good to do both potty & outside but if something happens and I am goon for several hours I dont want him to hurt himself with needing to go potty.

How often are you taking him outside to go potty when you are home? If he is always wet in his belly band, then he needs to go out more often. He obviously cannot hold it as long as the time span is betweeen going outside. Start taking him out every two hours. If he is not going in his band, lengthen the time. between taking him out. Soon you will know how often he needs to go outside. For the marking, the only thing that will help is nuetering him. When he is marking, it really has nothing to do with him having to go potty. He is MARKING his territory. I think you will have to keep him isolated to a small area ANYTIME you cannot give him 100% of your attention so you can see the signs that he needs to go out. I wish you luck with him.

Last edited by Sunnie; 07-29-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Sunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!