View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 01:30 PM   #29
MindieRose
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey123 View Post
We have had a cocker spaniel that was aggressive, he wold lung (sp?) bite and hold on, either randomly or food aggression. We sent him to the pound because we couldn't handle him. That dog was 30 lb's and the msot damage he ever did was just bruises, and some broken skin. I can only imagine how much fear that poor kid went through during the attack. Im sure the boy must have done something to provoke the dog, but why do parents keep leaving their kids home alone? Im sure I have heard a law stating no child is to be left home alone under the age of 12..Maybe in CA.. Now that child probably will have really bad emotional scars..

Whoah who would leave an INFANT alone regardless if there was a puppy or not??!?!?!?! I bet those parents don't have parental rights, or pets.. Morons
The 2 children that were injured severely by our pit were only walking by our house....they were out walking.
I dont think pits need to be provoked. I think some things "trigger" them, but I wouldnt call a trigger provoking, since provoking would involve intent to piss the dog off. Last year a mother was attacked by a pitbull that got out of one of the neighbors houses and tried to attack her 2 year old. She threw the 2 year old on the trampoline as the dog was going after it, and the pit attacked her instead. When my mother in law was attacked last summer she had just gone for a walk down to the creek behind her house and the neighbors pits were waiting on her porch when she came back. She got attacked while protecting her grandkids (not our kids, sil's kids).
None of these incidences were the dogs "provoked". Unfortunately these dogs are just more known to snap.
Proud Mommy of Gavin, Ethan, Morgan, Nia, Olivia, and Kiana and baby #7! Also Mommy to furkids: Cleo ,Lola, Lilly Appletini, and Diesel. and Sunny, Ethan's Golden therapy dog in training.
MindieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!