View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 12:29 PM   #9
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broodizt View Post
This is the 2nd day of raw, and her poos are tiny and hard. I did not do the 7-14 day gradual introduction. I mixed some with her regular food the 1st time, and she licked it off the food and left the hamburger. So I just went ahead and fed it to her. She did not go through the detox thing of diarrhea maybe because I was home feeding with no grains. Just meat and vegetables.

Anyway, she seems to be eating it so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I will try 1.5 medallians for her and see how she does and I will search out the treats you all recommend. I bought two trial size bags of chicken and lamb just to rotate at least a little. If she continues to like the raw I'll buy more varieties to rotate in larger sizes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Tonight she will get lamb. Love to you all, and thanks for everything-Shellie
I think your story is coming back to me now - were you the one having some trouble with all the supplements, right? If so, I'm even MORE happy this is going so well, YAY !

I'm not surprised she's doing well since you were homecooking. My guys didn't detox at all and I was homecooking before the switch. And yep, the poos get really tiny (bc the food is so absorbable), hard and almost turn white after awhile if left in the yard.

And just to clarify - the 1.5 is per DAY - so try 3/4 medallion per meal (if feeding twice a day). I used the "guide" at first, then I went by how my dogs' ribs felt - if feeling too "ribby" - then I increased, if feeling a bit too "chubby", then I decreased a bit. You'll get the hang of it.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!