Thread: Curious......
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 04:24 AM   #6
C C Kent
YT Addict

Default Person Not Situation

I make a judgment on the person not the situation the person is in. If you come across as flighty, immature, I'm not going to place a puppy with you. If you convince me that you are prepared to give the puppy a great home or return the puppy if you can't care for him....yes, I would place a puppy with you.

I have had only one puppy returned in the whole time I've been raising Yorkies. The person was a wealthy lady who came with a reference. She and her husband owned a large home in a prestigious area and they already had another small dog in the family. My mistake was not trusting my instincts when she first came to see the litter, I didn't care for her at that time. She took the puppy from our house and hauled her all over creation, in and out of every pet supply place in town. To every one of her friends and family and then calls me 7 hours later, says she hasn't been able to get the puppy to eat or drink and now the puppy is lethargic. She had been fully warned in advance about doing this so when she came back I met her at the door with her check...good riddance.

I only tell this because on the surface she would have looked like the perfect home for a small puppy.
C C Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!