View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 04:17 AM   #1
TeddyandTiffy
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Question Puppy Shots & Other Puppy Questions

Experienced Breeders I'm in need of learning how to give my own Yorkies their shots as well as Puppies. I have other questions also of course Your input and wisdom on this matter is dearly loved by me. And any other tips you may have also

1. Do you give your own Yorkies their YEARLY Shots?

2. Does these YEARLY shots come with their own needles?

3. a. If the needles DO NOT come with their own shots, what size needle do you use? Do you use different size needles for smaller Yorkies or larger Yorkies?

4. Where do you purchase all your Yorkies Yearly shots at? Please give Web Site Name or link.

5. Where do you give your adult Yorkie their shots at on their body? (I've seen this done by the Vet and my Father, but want to know if you do your shots the same as theirs)

6. Is their shots hard to give to them?

7. Do you give your Yorkie Puppies their Puppy Shots?

8. At what age do you start your Puppies on their Puppy shots?

9. At what ages do they receive the rest of their Puppy Shots to complete the Series of Puppy Shots?

10. What Name Brand shots do you use for Puppies?

11. Does these puppy shots come with their own needles?

11. (a.) If the needles DO NOT come with their own shots, what size needle do you use? Do you use different size needles for smaller Puppies or larger Puppies?

12. Where do you purchase all your shots for your Puppies at? Please give Web Site Name or link.

13. Where do you give your Puppies their shots at on their body? (I've seen this done by the Vet and my Father, but want to know if you do your shots the same as theirs)

14. Is their shots hard to give to them?

15. Has any of your Puppies or Adult Yorkies ever had a reaction to the shots?

15. (a.) If yes how did you know your Yorkie was having a reaction to the shots you gave them?

15. (b.) If yes, how did you handle this?

15. (c.) Did you take your Yorkie to the Vet after this reaction?

16. Do you give your own 1st Wormer to your Puppies?

16. (a.) At what age do you give your Puppies their 1st Wormer?

16. (b.) If yes what is the Name Brand of the Wormer you give them?

16. (c.) Where do you purchase your Wormer at? Please give Web Site Name or link.

16. (d.) How often after your Puppies 1st Wormer do you give them more? (If you do)

16. (e.) If you give more is it the same Wormer as their 1st Wormer?

16. (f.) If NO what is the Name Brand of the Wormer you give them after their 1st wormer?

16. (g.) How often do you give this 2nd Wormer?

16. (h.) Where do you purchase your 2nd Wormer at? Please give Web Site Name or link.

16. (I.) How often do you give this 2nd Wormer?

17. Have you ever had any side effects from these Wormers?

17. a. If yes, what are the side effects?

17. b. If yes, did you have to take your Puppy/Adult to the Vet?

18. Do you do your own Microchipping?

19. What are the Pros and Cons of doing your own Microchipping?

20. Where do you purchase your Microchipping at? Please give Web Site Name or link.

21. Is it hard to Microchip Yorkies (Adults and Puppies?)?

22. Where do you insert the Microchip at in your Puppy and Adult?

23. Have you ever had any side effects from doing your own Microchipping?

23. (a.) If yes, what was the side effects?

23. (b.) Did you have to take them to the Vet?

Our NEW Vet gave galahads' yearly shots on on side of like his shoulder blade and then his rabies shot on the other side. I had never seen this done. It seems to work okay for him as he didn't wimper or cry and had no effects of the shots.

I won't be doing tail docking or dew claw removal...Don't think I can. lol...Want to learn how to give the shots 1st. My father gives his beagles their shots in the back of their neck...Should I try to have him come down and show me how to give them? Thanks and Hugs Lee
TeddyandTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!