View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 02:45 AM   #1
broodizt
YT 500 Club Member

Love Raw feeders, what do you give for snacks

Hi all,

I'm trying NV raw for my 2 1/2 lb baby Cassie. I got two free medallians and I gave it to her for her past 2 meals and she just licks it off my fingers. So I'm going to get a bag tommorrow of the chicken and turkey medallians. This will solve the need to supplement which has been a never ending battle. I have two questions. Going on the assumption that she is going to continue on raw:

1- The man who owns the store and gave me the free sample says to only give her 1 medallian a day. Is this enough? What he is doing is looking at the chart which says for a 10 lb dog you feed 5 medallians, so he is dividing that amount in fourths since she is one fourth of 10 lbs. But on the chart they do not do it like that. They say for a 10 lb dog feed 5 medallians, for a 20 lb dog feed 8 medallians for a 30 lb. dog feed 11 medallians and for a 60 lb dog feed 18 medallians. So at the smaller weights it looks like they are adding 3 medallians, not doubling it. I just don't want to feed her too little. One medallian seems way less than what I was feeding her and she is only between 2 and 2.6 lbs. so I don't want to under feed. She loves to eat, so any and all responses are welcome.

2-Second questions-What do I feed her for snacks? Is it okay to feed her carrots, peanut butter cheese, small pieces of cooked meat, etc. etc.?
broodizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!