View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 06:29 PM   #12
Crickettsmom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

This was taken from Dog Health - Cat Health - Pet Health - Horse Health - Human Health | NZYMES.COM (PT). The cleared up a yeast infection that my westie had when we first got him. there are certain foods that you should avoid, here is what the website states:

THESE LISTS REFERS TO SECONDARY FOODS PETS OFTEN RECEIVE BUT SHOULD BE AVOIDED.

AVOID PET FOODS OR TREATS THAT CONTAIN: Meat-by-products, Poultry-by-products, sausage, bacon, corn beef, lunch meats, smoked turkey, Ham, sauces or gravies.

AVOID THESE TREATS: Milk Bones, Bonz, Beggin Strips, Snausages, Jerky Treats, Greenies, rawhides, pig ears and others. Look closely at ingredients.

AVOID THESE GRAINS; Enriched flour, wheat, wheat gluten, white rice*, rice flour*, corn meal, corn gluten, millet, prepackaged breads, cereals, cookies, crackers, pretzels and pasta. (*White rice is ok when balanced in a quality food with brown rice or ricebran)

AVOID THESE WHOLE VEGETABLES: Corn, peas, carrots, potatoes, onions, sweet potatoes, yams, etc. (amounts of these vegetables used in holistic pet foods are very small and will not be harmful).

AVOID DAIRY PRODUCTS LIKE: Buttermilk, cheeses and Cottage cheese.

AVOID ANYTHING SWEET: Sugar, sorbitol, caramel coloring, honey, molasses, maple syrup, corn syrup or Dextrose.

AVOID PRODUCTS LIKE; Peanuts, and Vitamin or Mineral supplements made from yeast sources.

They have a list of premium dog foods that they recommend you use to avoid yeast problems. I do not use the products anymore but keep an eye on what I am feeding. Good luck and hope you stay yeast free.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!