View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #6
yorkiegirl83
Love My Furbabies!
Donating Member

Thank you guys for the advice! I'm not sure how I would do in a hospital situation, but I guess maybe it would be ok once I have the confidence at what I'm doing.

I think an ideal job for me would be in a regular dr office to start.

I would love to get my BSN but the only school w/in 45 minutes of me is the community college so I would likely start with that, then go back once I'm working so that I could fund the more expensive college with the farther driving distance.

I do love to help people and I'm a very compassionate person so I know that I would be very kind. I also really can't stand nurses w/o a nice demeanor that rush through their jobs (it's just a pet peeve of mine) so I know that I would be very thorough and really do my job.

For example, I had to get an upper endoscopy done at the ER this past Thursday and I was so terrified my blood pressure was through the roof and the nurse was like oh that's not good, i mean really! I am already scared enough without that! Then I handed her my list of medications - 3 for allergies and asthma and 1 for something else and she went oh my that's a lot of meds", then proceeded to put my iv in wrong and it flooded out under my skin. It was awful . I just know I would try my best and never say anything to scare an already scared patient.
yorkiegirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!