View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 05:09 AM   #2
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueyinter
Hi guys,
I recently returned from a 3 vacation and it seems i cant leave the house without my poor hound mix barking like crazy. Its come to the point where even if she is left in the house ie kitchen and i am in my bedroom she wont stop barking. My neighbors are complaining and I dunno what to do. Any suggestions?! I don't want to have to put her down!
Barking CAN be stopped - I don't have any training to offer advise but you CAN try Petco or a place that offers Dog Classes/Training and see if you can find some help ...I would hate to see any dog put down for barking - there could also be another problem and he's trying to tell you something maybe ? It could be he REALLY missed you like my girls did when I was gone and what I've been doing to help them get over the TRAUMA of me walking out the door is INTENTIONALLY going out the front door....doing something in the car or the garage and then coming back. The more I do this - the better they seem to feel because I'm not going out the door and being gone for hours. It's helping them know that I WILL be right back and they aren't crying so much now...

I hope this helps but please try other alternatives to help him - he can be re-trained !! Good luck and I really hope he stops being so noisy - I have a cocker who barks at silly things - In her case - I just kneel down and tell her to STOP and she listens - but I can sympathise with your dilema
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!