View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 05:19 PM   #5
MomGadget
Yorkie Talker

What they sent home was a/d. Thankfully I have only given her a very small amount and very watered down.

I looked high and low for some place that carried a dog food that would work for her (one listed on Liver Shunt Yahoo Group). I found nothing. While I was waiting on a response here - I read on another site where a woman with an MVD that fed her dog several things including bananas as an occasional snack.

I can get to the vet on Monday to get her the appropriate food. Until then, I'm having to compromise.

Since I couldn't find anything else that was not harmful to Molly, I followed my mom of preemie twins instinct and got baby single grain rice cereal mix and banana baby food. I mixed the cereal very liquid and added just a half of a baby spoon of the banana to give it a little flavor. I fed her that with a curved syringe.

She seems to be responding to that a little better. The symptoms are lessoning over the hours.

I do continue to make sure she gets plenty of water with Karo and try Nutri-Cal a few times a day just to make sure she's getting some nutrition. So far she's not losing weight. She's even gained over the last couple of weeks.

In all honesty, I didn't like the sound of the Metacam and opted NOT to give it to Molly. I'm SO glad to hear that it was not good for her. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells trying to do what my motherly instinct tells me versus what the "professionals" tell me.

Thanks for all your help. It's comforting to hear from someone who actually knows what they are talking about.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!