View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 04:43 PM   #3
MomGadget
Yorkie Talker

Here are some of the notes from the ER vet...
No CP deficits noted but hind limbs are weaker than front. Walks slowly with head down.

Discussed cervical rads, referral to neuro work-p

Possible diagnosis: Encephalitis, atlantoaxial instability, disc disease.

Discharge instructions: Metacam 0.5mg/ml give oral dose once daily for 7 days. Must be given when eating and drinking. May need to offer low fat broth or add water to her food. If not eating and drinking well, discontinue medication and call.

Buprenorphine - give 0.1ml under the tongue every 8 hours. If excessive drowsiness, decrease to twice per day.

If she is going to respond to these meds, it will be within 2-3 days. If no improvement or she worsens, call the office.
The vet gave me some food to get in her system - albeit she said if it is liver, than the food won't be the best for her, but it will help keep her from losing weight at this point.

The food I gave her seemed to make it much worse.

She seemed to have improved last night - was very happy to see my cousin when she visited, climbed all over her and was very energetic.

Then today, she is back to not good again, but not nearly as bad as she was the day before yesterday when she wasn't moving.

The vet today also felt her neck and Molly didn't whimper. Made me wonder if the previous vet was pushing too hard maybe?

I'm so confused - it's emotionally draining and Molly follows me through the house like she's pleading with me to do something to make her better.

Everything I've read on this board and on a couple of other sites/groups - my gut tells me it's liver and I'm so afraid what the vets are having me do is more harmful than not.

I'm a FIRM believer in "those who live it, know it best" that's why I'm hoping to learn here what I can do that's best for Mol.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!