Thread: Sad news
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 01:11 PM   #1
shirlblack
Bailey's Mom
Donating Member

Cry Sad news

Today is one of the saddest days in my life. At 9:00 this morning we put Scooter down. He woke up around 2 and couldn't settle back down so I got up and when I picked him up, he was jerking all over like someone with a bad case of hic-cups, only faster. He could walk some then but not much. I wrapped him up and held him trying to get him to calm down but it started getting worse. By this time, he would only walk in circles. We took him to the emergency vet, where he did labs and gave him a shot of valium His first concern was because of Scooter's history of seizures that this was a brain tumor. When we went back to get him the lab report still hadn't come in from the hospital but Scooter was some calmer but still jerking. We left there and took him to our vet who was very much disturbed. When he finally got the lab report everything was ok. He too said everything pointed to a brain tumor. We could have taken him to a vet neurologist and left him for the weekend but if it was a tumor we would still have to put him down. He had so many health issues and because of his age we decided to not prolong his agony any longer. He had suffered enough and it was time to let him go. After it was over, our vet told us that we did the right thing, that if he had belonged to him, he would have done the same. I'm heartbroken, all I've done today is cry. He was my baby, my life. He was 11.5 years and next month we would have had him 8 years. I hope this makes sense as I can hardly see the letters through my tears. RIP my sweet little Scooter.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!