Thread: question
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 07:54 PM   #2
vms1177
Donating YT Addict

Ip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky's Mom
I am trying to sell another dog that I have. And I have posted her for sale on various websites throughout the web. My question is I have been getting e-mails about her from overseas people saying they want to buy her. And they all seem like its the same type of email. I'm wondering if its a scam. Here's what one e-mail looked like. And I've gotten about 5 others that look about the same.

Hello
I am highly interested in buying your good from you, I am okay with your price.i am currently not in your country to be precise i'm in united kingdom on a business trip ,I have a reliable shipper that takes goods care of all my shippments to my base in holland.I'ld like to know if you accept cashiers check/money order as a method of payment.So pls email me back so that we can conclude about it if this is acceptable by you. I just contacted my partner in the America who'sowing me $4000, I told him about my purchase in your advert and he's agreed to send the cheque to you in your name,on my behalf.You'll clear the cheque and deduct (German Shorthair) payment,I've added an extra $200 funds for your efforts in selling it to me.You'll now send the balance to my shipper in germany,via westernunion,and my shipper shall quickly arrange for the shipping at your location,and then he'll ship it to me.I'll surely send you my shipper's address,for you to send him the balance via westernunion. I hereby want you to email me back asap with the following details... Name...........,Address.....,City...,State...Count ry...,Phone#{both home and cell phone} I await these details so that i can fax it down to my client that will send u the cashiers check/money order.hope this is acceptable email me ASAP....... Best Regards........
NB...PLEASE KEEP ALL OTHER BUYERS OFF

So what do you guys think? Scam or what? Thanks in advance!
I wouldn't trust it especially since they look the same. Be careful don't open any attachments could have viruses.

Verena
vms1177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!