View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 07:45 AM   #4
jjrn13
Yorkie Talker

Default pancreatitis

My Munchkin had her first attack right after we moved so I was forced to use a new vet ... he was an absolute nut case. The poor little thing was sick as hell and scared. He had a hissy fit because she refused to stand still and open her mouth for him. He tossed me some pills and dismissed us. It was only when she started vomiting all over his waiting room that he finally agreed to give her a shot to stop the vomiting (but he insisted on putting a muzzle on her first). I found out that, with pancreatitis, it is important to jump all over the first attack to prevent it from becoming chronic. This moron missed it completely. She is now chronic.
I have been feeding her the canned ID that I buy from a vet's office. I mix in a little fat free chicken broth and just a tiny bit of boiled skinless chicken breast.
I'm wondering about tryingg some pancreatic enzymes added to her food thereby allowing the pancreas to rest (so it will not have to produce the enzymes).
I do know that, if I do not get the upper hand on this, at the very least it will cause her to become insulin dependent diabetic and, more likely, will kill her. Since you all have at least one of these little ones, I don't have to tell you how beloved they are. She is my heart and soul ... I'd do anything for her. Anything.

Judyann
jjrn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!