View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 10:36 PM   #14
oopsmyhalofello
Just Pawz
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwoman41 View Post
Hello,

I'm new here at YT and I got to tell you what happen tonight. We bought Chloe 6 weeks ago and just like any puppy, she gets into everything. A couple of weeks ago, my daughter Caitlin had let Chloe out to potty with a leash and it was hooked on to her harness. The clasp on the leash didn't hook very well and Chloe ran off. I was crying and so upset. I was driving around the neighborhood screaming Chloe, Chloe and had all my family and parents looking for her. I finally found her and she was so happy to see me. She was trying to find her way home. After that, I had a name tag made with her name, address and phone. We have always used a harness to take Chloe to potty. She would bite on her harness and we tighten it up. She would get that in her mouth and it would be tight then she would start to gag. But I wanted her to be safe by using the harness. I bought a small collar to put on her to use for her name tag. We have never had any trouble and put the collar on for a week now. Tonight, We just got home and it was raining outside, and she did her business. We brought her in and I started to blow dry her. She was fine until I went to put her down, and she had gotten the collar stuck in her mouth and the name tag was going down her throat. Mind you this collar was tight. Some how she got that collar stuck and started to freak. She couldn't breathe and I couldn't get her to calm down to help her. I started screaming....she's choked, she's choked to my husband. I told him to run and get the scissors. The collar was wrapped around her head so tight and locked into her mouth. She finally just quit moving and I thought that was it for my baby girl. We finally got the collar off and the name tag fell out of her mouth. The lord was with my little baby Chloe because this could have happened when she was in her crate when we weren't home. We breathed some air into her and now she is ok. She was so scared and so were we. She laid into my arms for over 1 hour. Please make sure your furbabies don't wear a collar of any sort and if they wear a harness, make sure it's tight and snug because they still can get that into their little mouths. I have a harness vest that attaches with velcro. I am going to use that from now on. I have 6 harness vest on order and never thought this would have happened before I could get delivered.

Thanks for listening,

Denise
Thanks for sharing! How scary for you and Chloe.

We only use harness' and have one of them microchipped, still need to have Bella done. Another option is to attach the tags to the D ring on their harness's. They make removeable attatchments so you can move it from one harness to another easily.

oopsmyhalofello is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!