View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 07:43 PM   #13
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb1979 View Post
Thank you for your email. When and where is the meeting?
We don't have the date set. We'll add you to the list and definitely be posting about it here on YT before it happens. Last time we had it had Gray's Lake -- now that the park is finally back open after the flood, it might be nice to go back there again - the set up was really good for us.

Can I ask about the dollar amt you are willing to spend for a yorkie pup. I think you may have trouble finding a quality yorkie for that little unless you are willing to look at a possible rescue. Yorkies are expensive little creatures and then there is the expense of having them - vet bills, grooming (unless you do that yourself), toys, etc.

Make sure you do your research about the breeder and the pups parents if you are going to go thru a breeder. Educate yourself about yorkies before you buy. There are so many people out there breeding outside of standards. So many puppy mills offering yorkies and so many backyard breeders who only care about the dollar.

You can learn a lot about the breed here on YT and what type of things to ask a breeder. You want to make sure you get a health pup if you are going to deal with a breeder and not a pup with a genetic disease that the breeder is unwilling to recognize. There are some excellent breeders here on YT - and you can ask them lots of questions

If you would consider a rescue be sure to check out Petfinder.com: Adopt a pet and help an animal shelter rescue a puppy or kitten. - just insert your zip and yorkie and there will be tons of yorkies (You can still find a healthy pup thru a rescue, but you probably won't have any guarantee of that)

also I have seen them at Welcome to the Animal Rescue League of Iowa - check everyday, as they continually update

also sometimes Hearts United for Animals - national no-kill animal shelter, sanctuary and animal welfare organization. in Nebraska has yorkies - but I don't see any right now

Last edited by yorkiesmiles; 07-25-2008 at 07:44 PM.
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!