View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #12
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb1979 View Post
I just wanted to say thanks for all of your guys that have posted on my thread!! This a very exiting site to be a part of. GREAT COMMUNITY!!
I should also add to my wanted add that I have a budget of $100-$400. I am not picky on if he has papers or not. I just want him as a pet not to show or breed. I hope that i am not being toooo picky about it because i don't want to come accross that way at all. Thanks all
Hi. I was the one who reccomended Petfinder.com: Adopt a pet and help an animal shelter rescue a puppy or kitten.. and I think another YT member mentioned considering rescue. From my experience you will not find a pup through a breeder for that price and if you do I would certainly question where it may have come from. That's not to say that occassionally a breeder will have a Yorkie priced around the $400 range but that is very rare. When buying from a breeder you can expect to pay atleast $600 and that is cheap too. In most cases you will find the cost in or around $1000.00 or more. This is the one good thing about rescue / adopting. The average adoption fee for a pup is about $400.00. and the good thing about it is it will include the neuter or spay which is a savings atleast in NJ of $350. That's what it cost in NJ to have your dog fixed. Crazy isn't it. But like everything else vet care too goes up. This leads me to this too Yorkies like all pets are expensive to care for. Vetting for shots, their spay / neuter as well as heart worm preventative is very expensive. The initial layout for a pup is nothing compared to what the cost the first year will be. And, you have the grooming expense. You can expect to pay on average $40 every 4-6 weeks. Please don't take me as being rude. I just don't think that people always realize the cost involved AFTER you get your puppy. If you're still in and want to bring a little one into your family I think that adoption would be the way for you to go. You will be able to stay within your budget and still get a healthy pup. Also, it would help you find one sooner if you may consider a small mix breed - savvy breeders now call them desginer breeds but really they are just a plain old mutt with a fancy name but none the less adorable. I know I have one Try typing going onto petfinder and typing in Yorkie and your area. It will bring up many full breed as well as Yorkie Mixes. Good Luck to you. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!