View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 01:25 PM   #9
lulababy
bam and pebbles mommy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcarnagie View Post
When I first got Teddy he would not eat either, after the first week and visiting the vet 3 times, they decided to do blood work. His blood work came back and he had a severe infection. I had to syringe feed him baby food for 9 weeks (every 2 hours) until he finally started eating something on his own. Yes, we tried every food there was until we got him to eat. He eventually got rid of the infection after 4 different antibiotics and weekly vet visits. If you can get him to eat something, that is better than nothing. We had to put vitamins in the baby food per the vet in order to make sure he was getting everything that he needed.

My neighbor had a puppy that would not eat and the vet had her put a small amount of canned cat food in with their food and they ate.
the vet tried the cat food thing. it did not work for long. I really hope bam bam does not have an infection. What were your dogs symptoms other than not eating? Was he lethargic?? Did he run around and play at all?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!