View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 08:44 AM   #3
Charlie Roo
Senior Yorkie Talker

Star

Charlie did awesome. He recovered well. I kept the cone thing on him for almost the two weeks. I only took it off when I was there to watch him because he did try to lick. I tried the onesie but it didn't work for him. I also used the end of a sock around his bottom with holes cut out for his legs, that worked pretty well, except when he needed to potty. You can expect your little guy to be very tired and mellow after the surgery, just make him comfortable. Keep up with the pain meds, he may seem a little out of it the first couple of days. Charlie was his little spunky self by the end of the next day. Little rascal even jumped in the pool with his cone and all two days after the surgery, which they are not supposed to get the incision wet, luckily it was fine. He didn't really eat that evening, he started to eat the next day. So glad I did it, wish I had done it even sooner. He started marking a month before I took him in, luckily he hasn't marked hardly at all and his personality is still the same. Be cautious though the first week, Charlie did pee on my couch once and I still don't know why, he hasn't done it again ever since though. Your guy will do fine!
Charlie Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!