View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 02:24 PM   #3
RABiel
Yorkie Talker

My parents have two 3 1/2 month old miniature schnauzer puppies (they were litter mates, sooooo cute). They are sending them to Rover Oaks in Houston, where I live. They come HIGHLY recommended in Texas. You should really look around and get a feel for how previous customers feel about them. Also, the trainer at Rover Oaks (which is a 2 week "resort experience" with lots of training) gave us some good tips about what you should look for in a place that offers board & training. I had asked questions about their policies, but he gives some good advice for what to look for. I'll post the email he sent me for your reference & good luck finding the right place!

"Rebecca,
Thanks for considering us for your pup's trainng. You should be as concerned about
the trainer of your puppies as you are the teacher of your children.

Here is hopefully, some useful information:
1. Always make sure you meet the trainer who is going to handle and train your dogs.
2. Always tour the facility and inspect where your dog(s) will be staying - not just
a peek in the room from the doorway but walk through and look at the other dogs who
are staying there and their condition.
3. All dogs need to be at least 4 months of age before boarding and have had all their
shots. (I would seriously re-think taking my dog anywhere that would take them before
they have had all their vaccinations - regardless of what the trainer says) I usually
take dogs for board and train at 5 months of age.
4. We work dogs here 3-20 minute sessions a day - sometimes a little more.

I invite you to come by unannounced anytime during business hours and ask for a complete tour. Let your eyes, nose and ears approve us as your choice.

Thanks again......"
RABiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!