View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 02:13 PM   #3
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linsvs View Post
I posted last week about a local pet store having a litter of Yorkies in a back room. I couldn't find the thread to continue it so heres the newest. Last week I was told the litter was to young to sell. But they would be ok in about a week. My curiousity got the best of me and I stopped again yesterday. The puppy room cages were filled with all kinds of babies.There was a young clerk that came to the room as soon as she saw me there. She proceded to tell me all the pups had spent all day on a plane so they couldnt be handled. She told me they came from Kansas. I asked about the Yorkies and was told they were sick!!! I asked what was wrong with them. The clerk told me the woman that sold then to the pet store said they were older then they really were ,so they needed to be fed special formula until they were bigger.. I find myself worrying abut these little babies... It seem so cruel to take the babies away from the mother to young..
Please report this to your animal control. It is against the law to ship pups to a pet store before I think the age of 8 weeks. Even that is too young but I believe they can be 8 weeks old to go to a pet store. Anything younger and the store can be shut down and person selling them fined or shut down. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!