View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 02:09 PM   #12
maggiesmom_2007
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
There are lots of threads about puppy mills and laws that are trying to be passed to raised kennel conditions. We all want new laws, and that's happening in some places, but even with new laws, the conditions are really horrible. This sort of thing bothers me so much, but I really have a problem with people who recommend buying puppies anywhere, except when they can actually see how the puppies have been raised.

We need to educate others about puppy brokers; these are people who find buyers for breeders. Someone can make a nice website with lots of cute puppies rollicking around, and people think that's enough to show that the puppies were raised in a good environment.

We even have puppy brokers post in the classified section of Yorkietalk, and say how the puppies are raised on a "puppy farm", but still their puppies are sold quickly.

If you do not see where your puppy has been raised you are condoning the torture of thousands of dogs. Please see the breeder in person, and know for yourself that the breeder you support is treating puppies properly. Just as important, recommend this to others, always insist that people looking for a new pup investigate the breeders premises. Don't be tempted to "rescue" the dog from a terrible place; you will only assure that more dogs will be bred there. Price should not be the most important thing when looking for a puppy, knowing that you have not added to the suffering of thousands of dogs should be.

This is great Nancy 1999 the only thing I would add is that puppy brokers are in it for the money they make also. If someone is looking for a puppy and you know that a breeder has a litter and you tell that person, You are not a Broker.
And
If for whatever reason you cannot see the breeders home and where the puppies are raised only because they live in a different state. If you know someone that lives in the area ask them to check them out. Have them take pictures and send them to you.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!