View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 01:56 PM   #10
jencar98
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Thank you Nancy, this is a great post and should be made into a "sticky", I agree with the others on that.

I did see the place where Ruby came from though. It was a nice neat farm setting, with very clean kennels, nice gentlemen owned it. The problem?....it was/is a puppymill!!!!!

I didn't know, having never bought a puppy before in my life, what a puppymill really is. I had read around on YT beforehand if only for a brief time. Then I was primarily looking at pictures, not reading so much.

I think many people get the yorkie, then join YT - by then - it's too late!

Maybe the ASPCA, and Humane Society could focus more on getting the word out about mills. Evidently the millions of $$ is within their bank accts....they have money to buy out PuppyHaven, to lobby congress, to pay their Presidents big bucks (that was no Sears suit, the guy from the Humane Society, was wearing on Oprah that day!)

As big as YT has become, it is still a small drop in the bucket, when it comes to the ability to inform future puppy buyers. With a problem of this magnitude, we must have a much bigger solution if we are ever to make a real impact on the lives of the poor mill dogs.

I realize saving one is great, but thousands suffer, while we cheer for the one.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!