View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 12:10 PM   #9
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

These are called "vanity" books, and you could probably get more information if you googled "vanity books". Years ago, a company made a "Who's who" type of book of different fields, and would ask an individual if they wanted to be included in the book, and of course if they would like to purchase a copy. If the company is legitimate, you would be included even without your permission, for example, if I'm writing a book on the ten best whatever, I don't have to ask them permission to use their names. In other words, it's just a way to sell a book. Someone did a similar thing with pond photos and everyone felt honored to be chosen, but anyone who bought a book would be "chosen." Also. I seriously doubt that all books have the same pictures, meaning you might be the only one that actually receives a book with your pet's picture. Remember those books a few years back, where they could add "your child's name" to the story. Similar idea, but people realized that their children's name was not in every book. That said, some people think it's fun, but I can think of a better way to blow $70.00

Join today and remove this ad!