View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 12:09 PM   #11
TeddyandTiffy
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaGrits View Post
I think I see the little nail bit in the first photo I too am scared to trim Elvis' nails. What brand/kind of trimmer do you have? I'm considering getting something to do some of the grooming myself.
If you go to post #8 here in this thread you can see what I told her to do as to trimming...It's not hard, just don't be afraid, that's the key, they can feel your fear. LOL.

On my nail trimmers it says "Four Paws" on them...I got them at our local tractor supply...It said on our package (Threw it away now) to trim a little every week to get them where you want them...Just trim the "TIPS" not to way up their nails I never ever go that far with them...Just tips...That way I know I'm not getting the quick...Also get blood stop powder and KEEP it at your house...It's the best thing for anyone who has Yorkies to keep...Teddy lost a nail (Whole nail) a few years back...and I just poured out some blood stop powder in the lid and it stopped it from pouring the blood...It's a life savor for any nicks they get...I just press it on their nails if I nick one or pad for a few seconds and then raise their paw up to make sure it's on it...I leave it and it doesn't hurt them if they lick it off or at least the kind I have hasn't in 3.5 years.

I posted a video of me grooming Weezies paws and using the file on them she didn't care a bit...I do all my grooming, I've only taken 1 of my Yorkies (Teddy) to the groomer ever in 3.5 years...I even do our puppies when we have a litter...I love doing it and they do too...Sometimes I take them out in the evening when it's cool out on our patio and lay them right on top of our patio table and brush/comb them out...They love it. Hope this helps you, If you have any other questions aks away I'll do my best to help you. Hugs Lee
TeddyandTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!