View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 06:19 AM   #17
Ladymom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo's Mom View Post
I have tried my way thru a lot of the flea drops on my vets shelf. They have all worked pretty well til Giz and Bubba have their first bath afterward. It's like it washes it all off. Have started using the Adams flea shampoo. Supposed to have a residual? We'll see. I know their spray works well but Bubba is 5 mos and probably too young for it. It's very easy here in TX for the fleas to get ahead of you. Seems to be a never ending fight. How much is this Capstar pill? and how long does it work? Best of luck everyone.
The Capstar pill only kills adult fleas. It's mainly used for a dog with a flea infestation and followed up with a topical that kills all the life stages of the flea. Since adult fleas only make up 5% of the flea population, you need more than just Capstar to control fleas. A bath in 50/50 Dawn and water applied to a dry dog, lather left in as long as possible, then rinsed, will also kill adult kills instantly.

Advantage isn't waterproof and will wash right off. K9 Advantix is waterproof. Frontline is fabulous. I only have to apply it every 2-3 months and I bathe Lady every week. You have to remember to wait three days after application to bathe them, though.
Ladymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!