Thread: A little update
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 06:20 PM   #1
silyjillie
YT 1000 Club Member

Default A little update

Hey girls!! Hope you all have been well! I haven't been on in a while and I'm going thro withdrawals. I've been trying to check in at night before I fall asleep but, haven't have much luck. The last time I posted I mentioned driving up to NJ, from FL, to be with my family. My bisavó (great grandma) wasn't doing very well and my vô (grandpa) needed a very risky surgery. Unfortunately my bisavó passed Friday night while I was driving. I was feeling guilty about not making up in time to say goodbye but, I know it was for the best. I'm ok with it now, she's in a better place with her husband and will watch over me now. On a happier note, my grandpa's surgery went well today. The doctors didn't think he'd make it through because he isn't in the best shape, but he woke up ok and is at home resting. We were going to go up north tonight to see him but, he was sleeping at out of it because of the anastecia and wasn't up for visitors.

Meeko is doing great tho. He's LOVING NJ. lol My parents live on a very busy lagoon, 2 houses down from a marina, so he spends all day sitting on the back deck watching the boats go in and out. There's always ducks and geese swimming that he can chase and bark at. He's in love with my brother, Michael, he's 16. My grandparents live rite next door, so he has the run of both yards along with my parents mini schnauzer.

We also have a pool and OMG we can't keep him out of it. lol It is the funniest thing. The first day he was iffy about the pool, he'd swim for a while and then run around the deck. After he figured out what it was, all he wants is to come in with us. He runs around when we're swimming, and then goes over to one of our rafts, hops on, and then dives into the pool. We let him swim for a minute and then lift him out so he doesn't get too tired, but he runs over and jumps back in. The little nut doesn't stop. He passes out at night tho. I have to charge my camera so I can video tape it.

I've been growing his hair out for about 2.5 months now and swore I wouldn't cut it again but, with him in the pool so much, I had to. It's take forever to comb out and with the pool and him rubbing himself to dry off, he had so many knots. Chip has a schnauzer cut and dries off within a few minutes and can come in the house when we get out but, we had to leave Meek out till he dried off. So I cut his legs and body with the shortest setting and left his face long so his top knot can grow. That's all I really wanted to grow out. I don't mind his body short. It's so much easier now, and he's so cute. Him and Chip have matching cuts now. Chip's about 20-25lbs and Meeko is like 10 lbs. They look so funny running around together.

We introduced him to a cage too. In Florida I just baby gated him in the kitchen. He was a good size for him, enough space to play in. My parents house is very open tho. There really wasn't a good place to close him into, so my parents got him his on cage. I was surprised that he didn't mind it. I put him in front of the door and tell him to go in his cage and he doesn't fight at all, walks rite in and lays down. I love that little guy so much! lol He is driving my grandparents crazy tho. He's way to hyper for them. They're use to Chip, who's 10 yrs old and very slow moving and doesn't jump.

Ok so that wasn't a little update, huh? sorry! Hope everyone is doing well. I'll go back thro the past posts to catch up. I've missed all the story and pictures! I'm gonna take some pictures and a video before the weekend and post. Goodnight girls! Missed you all!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!