View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 06:00 AM   #14
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

It is nice to finally find Yorkie lovers here in Grand Junction! I hope that Toto can make friends and at last learn some social skills with other animals ... she doesn't meet a "human" stranger so we have done pretty well there! I do hope that in time Shira will learn what a loveable little girl she really is ... she has had such a sad little life! My Patrick would love to have about 10 minutes "quality time" with the man that so mistreated her! I suppose it's a good thing that he won't ... it would not be a pretty sight!

Shira's little hair is growing back ... dark at the root and a gorgeous silver color at the ends. I believe that she will be a beautiful little girl in time, not that she isn't now, but her little legs are so tiny due to the lack of exercise. I believe in no time she will have great little muscles like Trish's babies. They get lots of good exercise and have the neatest muscles in their little legs ... I hadn't really paid much attention to muscles but realized yesterday that Toto has nothing on hers but pure fat!! Sadly for her ... her new exercise regimine starts today!! Another realization for me is that Toto has been pampered entirely too much! Today is definitely the "first day of the rest of her healthy Yorkie life"!!

As far as Shira coming to live with us ... we have already discussed it a lot [Patrick & I] and yes, at this point we would love for her to become a member of our "happy little band" if we should qualify! BUT ... it will be entirely up to her! We will see over the next few weeks how things go and if she seems to warm up to us and she and Toto get to know each other ... we'll see! The last thing in the world we would want would be for her to be unhappy ... she's had enough of that in her short little life and it would break our hearts to think she didn't really want to be in our home! We just love her already ... can you tell?! We'll just take it one day at the time!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!