View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 05:59 AM   #13
Kelz
YT 2000 Club Member

Just to clarify....if no one gets gas on september the 10th the oil companies will not care. Because people will fill their tanks between 6th and the 13th. If you really think about it the entire nation does not purchase gas on the same day. Only a percent of the nation would be getting gas on September the 10. Another percent will need gas on thw 11th. The only real way to put a dent in the pocket of oil companies is to cut back on driving all together.
Sure people complain about the high gas prices...but does that mean they quit using gas all together? No, and here's why. People need to get to work, school, grocery store, and recreational activities. Since gas prices have gone up have anyone of you cut back on driving? I know I haven't because I still need to get to school and to work. I am traveling the same amount of miles as I was before. The only difference is that my pay rate is still the same. Gas prices have gone up +50% since January of this year. I don't know about everyone else but about 25% of my paycheck goes to gas. Did I get a 12.5% pay increase to cover my gas cost.....NO!!!! but that's how much extra is now coming out of my check. It only seems fair doesn't it. The cost of living continues to increase and pay does not. I believe the government should step in and raise wages. People can no longer afford to live off of what they are currently making.
To be honest gas is expensive because of the high cost of refining the crude oil. the United States has not built a refinary in 20 some years. This is because of the tree hugging librials who place high environment friendly regulations on refinaries. Companies cannot make the cheap gas they once could because their method's were "harmful" to the environment. So I say choose. If you are going to complain about big industry harming the environment then don't complain about high gas prices and if high gas prices upset you, don't complain about refinaries harming the environment.
That just my .02

**edit**
Brett (I didn't realize that Kelz keeps using my laptop and signing me off of my name)

Last edited by Kelz; 09-05-2005 at 06:01 AM.
Kelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!