Thread: runaway yorkie!
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 05:48 AM   #14
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeYorkieMom View Post
I have to agree with those saying keep him on a leash. I have two yorkies, one that's 5 and I've never let either off his leash. People say, they won't stay with you? He's not trained? -I say, to find out if he'd be good off leash, I would have to take the risk of him being lost. I'm just not willing to take that risk.
My neighbors say this all the time too. They let their labs off leash and they run over to my yard to greet my dogs, usually they go back when they are called but my neighbors always say "Let them off leash... do you really think they would run away?" Their leashes get all tangled but I am NOT letting them off leash. Not a chance. They would come to me if we had a fenced yard and there were no distractions, then yes. But we live in a townhouse and the street is 25 feet away. I use flexi's when I let them out to potty so they have room to find the right spot, but for walks we have short leashes. We have quite the collection of harnesses and leashes, one for every purpose and occasion, but it's worth it!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!