Thread: Sleeping Habits
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 02:27 AM   #2
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Hmm, I'll have to defer to others on meaningful advice on crate training. I've never done it, although I'm convinced that's the smart way to go.

One thing I can suggest is putting a blanket with your scent on it in the crate. You can sleep with it one night and put it in their crate after that. I've recently heard from someone who said that alone made a huge difference in a separation anxiety issue with their pup.

I'm not sure about the wisdom of both dogs being in the same crate. I haven't heard of anyone doing that. Hopefully, someone will weigh in.

Also, I'm wondering about the time between meals. If you're feeding at 4 p.m. for the last time, then not again until what I'm guessing is 6 a.m., that's 14 hours. That seems like a long time for a puppy to go without food. I wonder if it would help to cut that down a little bit.

Again, I'm just trying to help you brainstorm right now. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in.

In the meantime, hang in there. Things will improve.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!