Thread: Sleeping Habits
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 02:11 AM   #1
Missiemiss
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Confused Sleeping Habits

I would really appreciate any tips. In the past I have always gotten my babies at different times when I had older dogs. One puppy at a time.

I now have 2 babies - both born within a week of the other - currently 4 months old.

THEY DON'T SLEEP! This means I don't sleep. It's 5:04 am now but I've been up since 3:00 am. They will sleep for 3-4 hours and then wake to go to the bathroom and then sleep again for a couple of hours then they are UP!

They eat their last meal at 4:00 pm. I cut off water after their 7:00 pm walk (and we WALK ON HILLS as that is all that is in SW Iowa!). They go outside again, to pee and poop, around 8:30-9:00 pm and then they start to wind down for bedtime.

They have separate crates but I have been putting them in the same one at night.

They are alone from 7:30 am until 11:00 and then from 12:00-3:30 pm Mon-Fri due to our working schedules.

Any suggestions?

Do i just need to have some patience still or is there something else I can do to work them into a routine? My older dog is VERY old but his routine is very set in stone. I know I can't expect them to be there with their little bladders but I feel I need them to learn to "hold it" longer to strengthen those muscles.

Thank you all, in advance, for your suggestions and encouragement.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!