View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #10
adorame
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerwit View Post
I didn't realize you had 4 of your own kids, I was getting a little confused in the original post. How old are your boys? Maybe they feel she's like a sister and don't mind her there. Wishful thinking.

anyway, it's a tough call and I'm sorry. I babysat for my sister when our kids were little. Upside was that I got paid, downside was that it wasn't much, definately cheaper then daycare, and she gave me a 1099, after I had filed my taxes!!! I had no idea she would do this. I think she got a huge tax break being a single mom by doing it, but .... all the same. I was stunned.

I hope you guys can work it out. Sounds like maybe you and sis need to hit Starbucks and have a pow wow.
Wishful thinking is right! My boy's hate having her here. We could be doing other things this summer but we can't with her here all the time. I have postpone a vacation to New York City because she wont get another sitter for the summer. She made me feel guilty for wanting to go on vacation and her not wanting to leave her with any one but me! Not even her mother in law that lives next door to them. She doesn't like her over at her house but lets her 14 year old go over their every day! My boy's have nothing in common with her at all. My boy's ages are 14 1/2, 13 1/2 ,12 and 11. They get thrilled and look forward to day's she is not here. She can be a bit bratty and not to nice to be around at times.

I only have her in the summer time like this now since she started school 3 years ago, before that I had her year round..But I was paid pretty good for it. I have no clue what is up with her thinking summer time is free. They are not hurting for mony themselves so money is not a problem for them. She gets upset when she was short changed in her paycheck and complained to me about it My husband has said something to her 2 times now about paying me this summer, like I said, he told her even if it would be $10 a week to help cover food cost. I am so tired of feeling taken advantage of and her not checking with me first about babysitting this summer that i am just not going to do it next year. I will tell her at the start of school that next summer I am not watching anyone.

Also I would like to point out that my sister is a good person and she is not neglecting her 2 kids. She has a job and once she is finished she spends time with them daily. Nothing is wrong with her working, it's being taken advantage of for my time that I feel is wrong. Also the dad gets off at 4 every day, but he will not come pick her up if my sister is having to work over( she works in a food place and it happens) so some day's I will have her till 6 pm just because her dad thinks he deserves HIS TIME. He is a foreman at his place of work and will take a nap or go play paint ball to unwind Also she will get 1 to 2 day's off a week in the summer time and she spends it at home with both kids. She just finished schooling to be a teacher this past December ( she was top in her class) and she said she wouldn't have been able to do it if it was not for me keeping my niece all those years so in a way she is grateful for what I have done to help her reach that goal.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!