View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 06:33 PM   #2
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieShadow
I have a Male and Female Yorkie both over a year. My female had her first heat at six months. A few weeks ago I baby sitted My daughters dog a English bull dog that was just coming out of heat. Well it got my male Yorkis all crazy. He would smell her and run a to mate with my Female Yorkie who was not in heat.and she would set down and growl , Then one day she let him. well I asked a few breeders and they told me she had to be in heat B/C she wouldent of let him and that some times you cant tell that the female was in heat. I watch mine closely and they are with me almost 24/7. I took them both to the vets and he did a swab test on her. and said no she is not in heat. and that some times if a male is around another female who is, they will do that. He didnt really say why she was letting him. My self I think they was playing and he surprised her. well Then they both got really sick. I think they picked some thing up at the vets. They are better now and The male is again trying to mate with her. Some times she growls and some times she just stands there. I have been putting a belly band on him . well The other night he got the band off and when I got up they was again stuck. She should of come in heat in Aug but didnt. I think with him messing with her. it has messed her up and now she will miss her normal heat. any one know? I could sure use some advise on this. I hate to keep them seperated all the time. they grew up together and dont do to well apart. Sorry this is so long . But wanted to say every thing that was going on.
I wish I could be of more help. But, I've never heard of dogs getting together if the female wasn't in heat. Dosen't mean it can't happen. It's just a new one on me.

I hope they get to feeling better. Maybe she was in heat and she didn't bleed any I know this does happen. Just keep an eye on her. Does she look swollen? If she was in heat and she becomes pregnant, she will stay swollen and her nipples and breast area will get bigger. At about 4 weeks after they got together you can take her to the vet and they can do an examination to see if she is pregnant.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!