View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #6
adorame
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerwit View Post
Being this is your sisters child I'm assuming she's your niece. Being that you've had her so frequently I'm sure she's quite bonded with you. I totally understand your position, but how will it affect your niece if you decide to not watch her any more. Apparently her mother doesn't care to spend that much time with her and will obviously just find another place to pawn her off on. I'm concerned about how this will affect your niece. She's stuck in the middle of this dilemma
See I am concerned about how this is effecting my own 4 boy's. They are being effected with me having her all the time. My husband works night shift so having her during the day from 6 am till 4, 5 or 6 pm spoils any time we could be doing things as a family. My husband leaves for work at 6:30. We have included her into family things like a family reunion on my husbands side of the family Because she will not get someone else to watch her. Also we have taken her out to eat, movies and other things that coast us money and my sister never has given us money to cover the charges. I have to take her or else we wouldn't get to do things ourselves and that is NOY fair to MY boy's!

I was not supposed to watch her this summer at all. My sister finished school this past December to be a teacher. Once she had her Teachers license, she was able to sub and also would waitress. This summer she was going to not waitress anymore. I had no clue that I was going to get her on the first Monday she did not have School, my sister just brought her over to my house in the morning! I had to wait till she came to pick her up to talk to her about what her plans were for this summer. She just supposed I was willing to watch her all summer long, so basically I had NO choice in the matter. That is why I asked not to have her on the weekends.

Also she would not just take her to just anyone to watch, the whole reason I have her is because they did not want to put her in daycare when she was a baby. She has a 15 year old brother who would be willing to help watch her, they live at home with my BIL grand parents and his mother lives next door to them, she also does not work. They will not watch her for free though so that is why I have her, because I will keep her because I don't want to cause problems with my sister and have her not talking to me like she did with our mother and she knows this.

My niece likes to spend time with her grandparents and I am quite sure she would not be nagitivly effected by me not watching her next summer. She would be with family still. Belive me I put alot of thought into this before deciding I was not going to watch her next summer. I wont have her during the school year this year because I don't watch kids on weekends.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!