View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 08:13 AM   #8
romi-j
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21rocky View Post
Thank you everyone for info,and advice. Rocky had wbc (white blood cell count of 18.09 (elevated) Had symptoms of sneezing,lethargy,no appetite, vomiting, for last 3 days before this he seemed healthy. weighed 6 lbs now 5.6. Liver tests alp 481, alt 635, alb 2.2, also has neck tenderness would cry loud if you moved his neck. Vet put him on antibiotic and sulcrafate for vomiting. Someone mentioned MVD what is this? Vet wants more testing like liver sonogram and Xrays. I want to see if infection clears first. What else could I do. He seems alittle less lethargic today, still making urine and had bowel movement. Eyes seem watery.
Hi there

I recently lost my 16 year old yorkie last month and thought I would join this forum to try and give advice to others.

Our dog was diagnosed with an enlarged liver when she was 16 and her stomach was so swollen. I read that milk thistle drops in water can help the liver.

We tried this and when she was due to go in for an operation her blood count for her liver had been lowered and may have been due to the milk thistle.

May not be useful to you but thought I would share this info and I hope everything turns out ok. Keep us updated
romi-j is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!