View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 07:31 AM   #1
adorame
YT 2000 Club Member

Default I am so mad right now!

At one of my sisters! I have watched her little girl for her since she was 4 weeks old and she is almost 8 years old now. Once she started school up I would still watch her on weekends and the summer time. During the summer I have her from 6am till 4, 5,or 6pm depending on when my sister would get off work and I would have her 6 day's a week. Her Husband gets off at 4 and he will not come get her because he uses this time for his free time also I never know of him having the day off till she will come and pick her up and say something about it being daddy's day offWhy did I have their child then if he had the day off??

This summer I told them NO more weekends at all because my husband has a chance to not work weekends depending on if a boat is to come get coal or not. Plus I never have my friends 2 girls on weekends so we would be able to do Family time. She got upset with me about it because her husband will take every other Saturday for extra pay. I should aslo add she has not paid me one penny now for the past 3 years! My husband made a point to tell her at the start of this Summer of having her that it would be nice if she would even give $10 a week to help pay for her food and drinks ( some day's she eats 3 meals with us) She told him" Oh yah I could do that". I have yet to see any money. She even commented on us getting our 2 new Yorkies, but that is because I watch my friends 2 girls and SHE PAY'S ME!! Well last Thursday she had off and he took work off too and they took their 2 kids to Kalahari for the day!I felt taken advantage of yet again because she was talking about having to pay a doctor bill but yet they go and spend money at the water park! I was kind of upset and felt like she should of offered me some money if she was able to spend it on a day of fun. They also go to the movies every weekend and out to dinner she will sometimes call and ask me if I would like to have both kids over and I have started to decline because they wont show up to get them till midnight or latter. Money is not a problem for them other wise I would not be as upset as i feel right now, she would not be able to take her kid to a daycare and not pay!!

I about blew when she called me yesterday asking me if I would watch her this Friday, she had the day off but was asked by someone else to work for them so they could spend time with their kids. I said no you gave me your work squedual Thursday last week and I made plans because I have NO EXTRA KIDS that day. I am not going to change them and spoil my kids fun! She was a bit upset that I wouldn't take her but why should I have her from 6am till 6pm on a day I was to have off, it's not like I would get paid for my time like she would!! She then asked me if I was watching my friends 2 girls that day and I was like NO that is why I wont say yes to watching your kid. I don't get too many day's of the week when I have a no extra kid day and this friday was one of 3 I have had all summer long!

Anyway's I have talked with my husband and we decided I will not watch her next summer or even every other Saturday once school starts up! Also the lack of her not paying me had a bit to do with it but mostly I feel she has taken advantage of my generosity for too long! Like I said their is no day care that would watch her child for free like this!

Sorry this is so long but I just had to get this off my chest. A part of me feels bad for not wanting to have my niece over anymore but this is ridiculous!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!