View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
ctvol
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Please Help! Maybe I'm Overreacting?

Hello, I'm new to the board and I have owned a Yorkie for eight years and I was one of those people that made fun of these little lap dogs until I got one and now I am the one that people make fun of! Until you have a Yorkie you just don't know how wonderful they are. This dog is litterally my child and I could not imagine life without him! He has also helped my wife through some pretty tough times.

Anyway I have a question. I have noticed a little Yorkie down the street from me that has been tied up all summer to a line that lets it move about ten feet or so and it has been one hot summer here in Tennessee. It breaks my heart everytime I go by that house and see that little thing either laying on the ground or going back and forth in a kind of figure eight pattern. Am I overreacting in thinking that these types of dogs should not be treated this way and cannot handle that kind of treatment as a larger dog? So many times I have thought about going up there in the middle of the night and taking the dog and finding it a better home. Of course I would not do that as it is wrong not to mention illegal. Does anybody have any suggestions on what I should do or am I just being too sensitive to the issue. I have thought about calling the Humane Society but I am not sure that the owners are doing anything wrong. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
ctvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!