View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 12:31 PM   #12
xxmxaxrxyxx
Missing Yoshi Everyday!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha311 View Post
Sasha wants to meet and greet everyone that she lays her little eyes on, even if they are yards away, lol. When I walk her she starts to get really excited when someone is approaching us. I have to hold her back or else she would take off towards them. Most times people will smile and stop and ask if they can pet her (some don't which is very rude) but when I let them she is just overjoyed. Her tail is wagging and she's all over the place. Sometimes it's frustrating because I want her to concentrate on doing her business but she's too busy being a little social butterfly.

I had a scare recently though. We were sitting on the balcony. Now my balcony isn't very high and there are very full bushes beneath it. She always likes to perch up on the base and peek her head through and watch the neighbors walk by. They always stop and talk to her from the courtyard. Well one day, one of my neighnors stopped to talk and Sasha got really excited like she normally does. She's running back and forth and her tail is wagging. She put her head through the slats as normal (I'm standing over her) and she's wiggling away. Before I knew it she had managed to wiggle her way through the slats and jumped through! She had never done that before!! She landed on top of the bushes but my arm couldn't reach out far enough to get her. I raced to the door (I ended up sliding on her pee pad because I was in such a hurry ) because I knew the bush wouldn't hold her forever and I didn't want her running off. My neighbor is an older lady and I knew she was in no shape to run after her. I made it outside and sure enough she fell through the bushes but she was fine as she was just sniffing around like nothing had happened. She had leaves and dirt on her back. I dusted her off, picked her up and thanked my neighbor for at least waiting. Meanwhile Sasha is still trying to jump from my arms and into the arms of my neighbor so I finally had to bring her inside to calm her down and give her a bath.

Needless to say I'm not allowing her to go on the balcony anymore until I put a screen up. But does anyone else have an uber friendly yorkie that just HAS to greet everyone they see? lol
wow i would have been crying...hehe...i think you should invest in a harness and leash...MeiLing is the same way...i now learn my lesson with not having them on a lease...she will run to every person she see or hear...and the other day the neighbor big german shepard mix almost bite Yoshi because they wanted to go play with him and i couldn't get to them soon enough...my heart was pounding...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!