View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 06:17 AM   #10
KitKatJam
Senior Yorkie Talker

Sorry I didn't see your post till now, when I had my first puppy he would never eat, and I went crazy buying all these bags of food that he would eat for a couple of days to a week and then he wouldn't eat it anymore.

When I got my second puppy I vowed never to switch food like that or in general because I think it gets confusing to them, and I didn't want him to eat something one day and not the next.

My baby is only 2.5lbs and he went on a hunger strike because when he was sick (vet prescribed meds that almost killed him) I did any and everything to get him to eat, gave him potatoes, cream cheese, pea's, anything that wasn't kibble because before he got sick he already wasn't eating it all that well due to loosing about 6 of his baby teeth all at once.

After he got better (100%) I put the kibble down gave him twenty minutes to eat. If he didn't I picked it up and then tried to give it later on, each time he refused, this lasted two days.

Finally after day 2 he realized he wasn't going to get anything else, and gobbled up his kibble like it was the best thing in the world, and hasent had an eating problem since.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!