View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 10:48 PM   #1
snoopy42
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Unhappy I did it and now I feel sad

This happened about 3 weeks ago:

I was picking up food for the babies at the petstore. The name is escaping me right now, but they are one of a few that sell Nature's Variety. As I was going to the fridge to get the food, I noticed a couple playing with a yorkie puppy in one of those play areas. I see a lot of people in those play areas, but I seldom see anyone actually buy a puppy afterwards.

I went to go check out the carriers they had on sale and then proceeded to the check out line. The couple was in front of me, and to my surprise, they were actually buying or inquiring about the yorkie I heard that the price was $1,900.00. The lady behind the register was reading over paperwork. She didn't have the information on the warranty, so she left I'm assuming to go to the back and get the warranty information. So there I am, in line, alone with this couple, and I decide to say something. I tell them that they shouldn't buy from a petstore because they probably bought from a puppymill. Then I gave them this site to do some research on reputable breeders. I also told them that they could probably find one at a better price. That's when the woman wrote down the site information,thanked me, and headed out the door. I was literally in shock.

After I paid for the food. I went to check out the puppy.... big mistake. She was so cute and wanted so bad to play with me. She was following my finger on the glass and was doing all the cute things puppies do. I left the store feeling very sad for her. She probably would've been home that same day if it wasn't for me.

It's 3 weeks later, and I still think about her. I'm typing this with tears in my eyes. Would you have done the same thing? If it was the right thing to do, why do I feel so horrible?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!