View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 02:27 PM   #11
Marina
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Personally, I completely disagree with Marina's vet. Beef is from a cow, venison is from a deer; same w/ chicken and duck. Just bc a dog is allergic to one thing - it does not mean they will automatically be allergic to ANYTHING else. I cannot stress that highly enough. It is not only true physiologically, but anecdotally as well.

As an example, there are dogs who have horrible reactions to chicken in kibble and cooked chicken - however, you give them RAW, organic chicken - and they are 100% fine on it. This is because the raw chicken still has the natural enzymes etcetera in the meat.

I just want to remind you that vets receive a total of about 1.5 hours of nutrition training in vet school. Please just read around before you make your own opinion about what you're hearing.

She is not actually my vet, shes the allegry/dermatologist at the emergency hospital. now I dont know how true or not this is but she said that when the proteins of a chicken and a duck are broken down completely they are essentailly the same. Same goes for beef/venison/lamb. I think this is only the case for severe allergies but I cant tell you first hand, since Im not feeding these things. I think allergies are individual to every dog. You shouldnt go by what a doctor tells you...only by what your baby tells you. Find a food that works best for him.
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!